PRE-ORDER ONLY - REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
BATCH 1 - MARCH 2021
- VENDOR ETA: 5/17/21
- SHIPPING ETA: 5/21/21
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors
- Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput
- Now with support for up to 8K resolution, these cores deliver a massive boost
- Axial-Tech Fan Design has been newly tuned with a reversed central fan direction
- 2.9-slot design expands cooling surface area compared to last gen
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors
- GPU Tweak II - intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, & system monitoring
From top to bottom, the ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 3080 has been radically improved to accommodate the impressive new Ampere chips from NVIDIA and to deliver the next wave of gaming performance innovation to the market. A fresh design and more metal surrounds a grouping of Axial-tech fans. Last gen's uniform fan layout has been usurped by a new rotation scheme and specialized roles for central and auxiliary fans. Below the blades, a larger, more impressive heatsink is ready for the most demanding thermal loads. The PCB has some new tricks up its sleeves, and even the backplate has received some performance-boosting changes. You've been waiting for the latest and greatest in GPU design - and this is it.
Our Axial-tech fan design has been optimized for a new, larger heatsink that features more fins and surface area than last gen. The blade count has been increased on all three fans, with 13 on the center fan and 11 on the auxiliary fans. The barrier ring on the side fans has been slimmed down to allow for more lateral intake and to provide better airflow through the cooling array. The center fan's extra blades and full-height ring provide boosted static pressure to blast air directly onto the GPU heat spreader.